Orange-Pecan Salmon

Sunday, April 21, 2013
Lately I have been trying to get more fish into my diet. I used to be much better at that than I am now but fell off the wagon at some point. I took a good look at some of the recipes I used to enjoy and think I understand why -- many of them are not very low-carb friendly. 



That doesn't mean they can't be re-mixed into more low-carb friendly versions. This one is a perfect example -- instead of using sugary marmalade, I've used a sugar-free one and it tastes just as wonderful as the original -- maybe even better!!


Orange-Pecan Salmon

1/2 c sugar-free orange marmalade
1/4 c coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each, 1-inch thick)
1/2 c chopped pecans, toasted

Toast pecans and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the marmalade, coconut aminos, garlic, salt and pepper to create marinade. Pour the marinade mixture into a shallow (glass) baking dish and add salmon fillets, turning to coat all sides. Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain and reserve marinade. Place salmon fillets in a greased baking dish. Bake uncovered in a 350°F oven for 15-20 minute or until done. In a small saucepan, bring reserved marinade to a boil and cook, stirring until reduced and slightly thickened. Stir in toasted pecans. Ladle over salmon fillets at serving. Yield: 4 servings.

Each serving contains 5.27 net carbs